JellyPages.com

Friday, May 20, 2016

May 20, 2016 - Friday in Nauvoo

We had a beautiful spring-like day, today.  It started off with temperatures in the low 50's and only got up to the mid 60's.  It was perfect walking weather and a perfect temperature, this morning, with overcast clouds.  After our morning devotional and prayers, we had a wonderful walk around Nauvoo and got home a few minutes before 7:00am.  

I had the site assignment at the Brickyard, again today, and mom was at the Printing shop.  We had another group of 174 elementary school children from Ft Madison visiting today. And, as usual, I had a fun time giving the school tours at the Brickyard.  However, there was one really fun part in my second tour.  I start off by suggesting to the students that they might all get a souvenir brick if they listen carefully.  I have them repeat certain words of the tour, like "iron oxide", (an ingredient in the clay), and "hacking", as I teach about the drying of the bricks in the hacking yard.  They gave me a big round of applause at the end of the tour.

After the tour the children were all very polite, and thanked me for my time.  As they were leaving the lecture room, one of the precious little 2nd grade girls tugged at my sleeve and  said; "Elder Lasher, we have two boys that come to our house with name badges just like yours!".... and then she whispered, "I think they are the Mormons!"  I could not pass up the invitation to her, to be sure and listen to their message, and make sure you come back to Nauvoo with your family and see me!  Sweet experience!

Then, last night at Rendezvous, I forgot to report another precious moment.  The Jeppson's will know this part of the play where I said; "for example, the story of Noah and Sophia Packard".... just as soon as I said Sophia, this precious little girl about 5 years old on the front row looked up at me and said, "hey, my name is Sophie!".  I did my best not to miss a beat, or a line, during that exchange, as hard as that was, but talk about a concentration breaker!  I flirted with her the rest of the night!

Mom and I were both off at 5:00pm.  We went home and got dressed and headed to the temple for the 6:00pm session.  We had two other couples from our cast at the temple tonight!  Then, as we were leaving the temple, we got these two pictures:




The sunsets over the Mississippi can be stunning!  It is fun to catch the different views from the front of the temple......  We just got word that our precious Emma broke her arm today.  That is so hard for a Grandpa and Granny to be so far away and not be there to comfort and help.  We love you precious girl!  We have your name on the temple prayer rolls tonight!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! I figured out how to get the blog back on my phone!!!! I'm super happy!!!! I sure LOVE you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute kids 😊! I saw the picture of Ali with Macie while they were fixing Emma up and holy cow she looks just like a mini Zac!!! Super crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet experience! We are so excited to get to experience some sweet moments with you soon!!😘

    ReplyDelete