JellyPages.com

Monday, October 26, 2015

October 26, 2015 - Monday in Nauvoo

Here it is, Monday!  And we were scheduled in the Visitors Center for the closing shift today.  Now that we are working more in the Visitor's Center, I took some of my very favorite CD's to play on the PA system.  Can you guess what they are??  If you guessed playing music, "My Way", you were absolutely correct!  Brother Paul Kenny provided some wonderful background music for our entire shift.  I could not help but think about our wonderful friends and the music they have recorded, and what has been some of my favorite music ever since!  Thank you Brother Kenny!

Since we were up so late last night with the fireside by Ron Meldrum, we didn't get started on our walk until 6:30am.  I got to bed last night at a little past 11:00pm, so 5:00am was a tough time for me to "rise and shine".  But, I finally got going and had a great morning workout with our morning devotional and prayers and our exercise routine.

We left for our assignment at the Visitors Center at 12:30pm and I saw some more Fall colors worthy of recording.  Take a look;


Some additional Fall colors

Looking toward the Carriage ride depot


A view right outside the North entrance to the Visitors center
It was a relatively quiet day with just a hand full of guests coming in.  I have enjoyed connecting with the guests who just arrive here in Nauvoo and come in for some direction for their visit here.  Both mom and I have enjoyed getting to know about people from all over the United States and from a few different countries while serving here in this Visitor's Center. 

In Carthage we would get folks from all over the world during the summer months, but now, with the slow part of the year after August and September months, we are getting more folks from closer cities in and around Illinois.  Most are not members of the Church and we get  to explain what Nauvoo is all about.  Some are very hesitant to talk to us, probably because they think we might try to baptize them.  However, for me, I just enjoy talking to people so sometimes I just carry on a generic conversation and hope they will join in with me.  Most of the time it works and we have a great discussion!

Well, we have had a full day, and tomorrow will come rather quickly, so I will close.  Thank you for checking in with us and checking out what is going on here in Historic Nauvoo!

1 comment: