JellyPages.com

Monday, October 12, 2015

October 12, 2015 - Monday in Nauvoo

The day began at the usual early hour of 5:00am.  I got my wake-up call from mom and began the process of getting up.  That included, and involved, stretching and turning in the most comfortable positions as I enjoyed that last minutes of a good nights rest.  I finally rolled over and jumped out of bed and got the day started.  Of course mom had already been up for an hour by the time I finally gave up the warmth and comfort of that bed at 5:20am!
We had our morning prayers and Scripture reading and then headed off for our morning walk at just a little past 6:00am.  It was a cooler morning with the temperature in the lower 50's and the morning air was fresh and crisp.  We did our 3.5 mile walk in just about an hour and then I came home and finished some exercises while mom ate her breakfast.  Here are some morning shots around Nauvoo;
Look!  Here comes the sun!

A view of the temple from Parley Street

This just looked like a neat picture of the corral and the Blacksmith Shop

The morning view down Kimball Street
I had the all day shift with Elder Black at the Blacksmith's shop today.  It was a long day and we had lot's of visitors.  I finally realized that today was a holiday celebrating Columbus's birthday.  Holiday's that contribute to a three day weekend always seem to bring in some wonderful guests.
And today was no exception!  I met a man and his wife who attended the Auberry Ward!  They live somewhere near Shaver Lake and they knew some folks we know, and even knew about Mile High Park!  What a small world!  They even know my childhood friend Joe, and his family, and graciously took back one of my business cards so that Joe could reconnect with me.  I hope we will get a chance to make this connection! 
Then, to continue our efforts to "Ponderize" our Scriptures, mom and I have selected our 2nd week's set of Scriptures as noted here:
2 Nephi 10:23-25 - (mine)
23 Therefore, cheer up your hearts, and remember that ye are free to act for yourselves—to choose the way of everlasting death or the way of eternal life.
24 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, reconcile yourselves to the will of God, and not to the will of the devil and the flesh; and remember, after ye are reconciled unto God, that it is only in and through the grace of God that ye are saved.
 25 Wherefore, may God raise you from death by the power of the resurrection, and also from everlasting death by the power of the atonement, that ye may be received into the eternal kingdom of God, that ye may praise him through grace divine. Amen.
D&C 88:63-64 - (Mom's)
63 Draw near unto me and I will draw near unto you; seek me diligently and ye shall find me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
 64 Whatsoever ye ask the Father in my name it shall be given unto you, that is expedient for you;

So this has been a great day and we had our Family Home Evening with watching President Eyring's Priesthood conference talk.  It capped a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. That's so fun that you might reconnect with a childhood friend! Keep us posted!
    Sure LOVE you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your pondering scriptures. Also I watched the majority of the sunday morning session of general conference while on the treadmill and the song "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" really got me. Loved Conference and Love being able to go back and watch them as much as I want!

    ReplyDelete