JellyPages.com

Friday, October 23, 2015

October 23, 2015 - Friday in Nauvoo

Here we are at he end of another day.  Mom and I served together at the Riser Boot Shop and we kept pretty busy with several groups coming to visit the site.  We also got a good soaking of rain that refreshed the air and left quite a few puddles of water.  Even in the middle of the rain we had folks coming in for the tour!  We had the long shift day and those days tend to linger on, but at the close of the day, the rain had stopped and we had a nice walk home.  How about these pictures? -

The view right near our intersection of Hotchkiss and Partridge

Here is the view along side of the Pioneer Pastimes area

The brick-way along Main Street in front of the Tin shop

This is my favorite shot along the back road near Brigham Young's home
The day was uneventful and tonight it is pretty quiet here in our home.  For some reason I was so tired that I took a nap this evening.  Go figure, a nap before going to bed!  I have been working out a little harder in the mornings after our 3.5 mile walk, and that is starting to show some benefits as my pants are feeling looser!  

We have been on our treat fast now for almost eight weeks and the end is not in sight.  We have decided to forego any treats until we are completely out of debt.  It is a commitment I am prepared to meet head-on even with my pumpkin pie season staring me right in the face! 

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe it's been eight weeks! We'll both be celebrating with pumpkin pie very soon.... I hope :) Those colors are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete