JellyPages.com

Saturday, October 17, 2015

October 17, 2015 - Saturday in Nauvoo

Now this morning was a cold morning!  It was a two hoodie walk!  After getting up at 5:00am and having our morning prayers and our devotional, and our 20 minute workout, we tested the morning air.  It was so invigorating and gave a whole new definition to "cold sweat"!  We walked our 3.5 miles and came home to a warm house.  Life is good!

Our site assignment was at the Nauvoo Visitors Center and we were the opening crew.  We had a good rush of guests between 9:00am, our opening time, and 11:00am.  Probably over 100 people came in for movies or wagon ride tickets or Rendezvous tickets.  The time goes by so much faster when we are busy!

Mom and I were off from our shift at 2:00pm and we walked home and had lunch together before I indulged in a wonderful nap.  We had Rendezvous tonight and there were two shows.  The first show at 7:00pm was almost full so that means about 20 did not show up who had made reservations.  The second show had about 35 in attendance and this was my night as the Editor.  

I am intrigued  by the fact that I practice so hard every day on my lines and I know that I know them... Then as I am delivering those lines, a word or phrase pops into my mind that I had never ever thought of before.  And I even once had a brain freeze tonight on two back-to-back lines..... Ahaaaa memories!

Our retiring director Sister Curtis and her husband on their last night here.
The final performance of the Rendezvous Play for our director, Sister Curtis, was held with our Emma Hale cast as her final show.  They head back home to California after having completed their mission.  Here is a snapshot of the "king" and "queen" tiaras" and the farewell cake we had for them.  However, mom and I did not have any of the cake and ice cream!  It's our treat fast and we are sticking with it!

This was a fun day and it is late.  Tomorrow is Stake Conference so the first meeting is at 10:00am.  Thank you for checking in with us tonight!  We so appreciate your notes of encouragements and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment