JellyPages.com

Thursday, May 28, 2015

May 28, 2015 - Thursday

We just got back from our Rendezvous Play in Nauvoo.  It has been a busy day, (again), and we seem to be rushing between Nauvoo and Carthage every day.  It's all good.  My part as "Pa", went well tonight.  Jimmy and Marie have so much energy and it just lifts me to heights I have not felt in a long time!  There were compliments from our cast on my efforts, and it was such a good feeling to be involved and participating. Mom got a picture in since the audience did not fill the hall, but it did not turn out very well...... So Tom and Josie will need to sit on the front row and take lots of pictures!  (No one will ever believe I have done this unless it is documented and notarized!)

We started off the day with our morning devotional and exercise and were able to get a walk in before breakfast.  This morning we had a tour group come in from Salt Lake City, and they were visiting all the Church history sites.  We were ready for their 9:00am arrival!  They were such a great group and the tours went without a hitch.  

As I was talking to one couple from the Salt Lake area, he was telling me that they wanted to go on a mission when he could wrap up some of his work duties.  I asked him what he did and he told me he was a lawyer.  I could not help but tell him that it would be pretty hard for a lawyer to get a mission call since they had "raised the bar".  That was fun and he was so gracious with my teasing.   

Somehow, I felt impressed to tell him about our initial trip to the Philippines.  He indicated to me that he knew the Area President and had recently spoken with him.  He then told me they were visiting Elder Banks in the Philippines and found out they, too, were intimidated by the driving conditions. He also knew the IFR there in the Philippines, Elder Mark Ferin.  Elder Ferin helped mom and I get our reassignment and was so gracious to us with that experience.  We told this guest how kind we were treated by Elder Ferin and how we wanted to treat people as a result of Elder Ferin's example.  He said he would let him know he saw us here in Carthage.

Again, do I have to ask the question; does Heavenly Father know us and does He take care of our needs in some of the most remarkable ways?  He helps a retailer become a stage show sensation, and connects those senior missionaries with some of the most wonderful people.  It was a good night to make that connection.  The lift did me good!

1 comment:

  1. Again.... such a small world! All the connections you've made are crazy!! Can't wait to see your performance!

    ReplyDelete