JellyPages.com

Sunday, May 24, 2015

May 24, 2015 - Sunday

This was a wonderfully challenging day for mom and me here in Carthage....  Today was the opening day of the "Be Still" vignette here at the visitors center and we had over 400 people in attendance.  It was a matrix managers dream!!  We had to coordinate tours as well as take tickets from those who had reserved seating for the two vignettes.  It went remarkably well and the Spirit was such a comforting blessing to all in attendance.

The Young Performing Missionaries put on this vignette that is a special tribute to Joseph and Hyrum.  They do such a great job in each of their performances and today's effort was exceptional.  I found out that they have no P-day.  They work every day and they always have a smile on their faces..  What a privilege it is to work with them.

We had 5 senior couples and one young sister companionship to work with today and I think we needed two more couples.  However I was told by the couple that works with the young performers, that in their 6 years of doing these types of performances, they have never seen the flow of people so well managed.  I was grateful for their kindness and for the great people we have to work with here in Carthage.  That was over 100 people an hour we were able to accommodate in tours and overseeing the vignettes.

Our morning meetings were excellent and we left our home at 7:00am this morning and carpooled with the Heninger's who worked with us today.  We left the visitors center at 5:15pm and I returned there tonight at 8:00pm to have an orientation meeting with our six new sister missionaries.  Elder Hansen joined me for the training and we were done by 9:30pm.  We ended up taking them on a tour of the jail and right at the end of our tour we set off the alarm.  Now we know the alarm works!

It has been a full day and I am ready for bed.  The blog has taken me over an hour to do this post tonight due to a very slow internet connection.  At least that is what I think is happening.  I hope it is not my computer!!

2 comments:

  1. After all the visitors I can see you saying- now where's the challenge? Is that all you've got?? - nice work handling it so well! But that's what you love to do :).

    ReplyDelete