JellyPages.com

Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11, 2015 - Monday

Here we are at the beginning of another week here in Carthage.  Mom was up early this morning since it was laundry day and I was up by 5:20am.  We both got our reading and prayers completed and had our devotional and exercise done before going over to the jail for cleaning.  We met the Hansen's who are learning the ropes here in Carthage and then we went on a long morning walk.

By 9:00am we already had some guests wanting tours so we got open and started early at the Visitor's center.  The visitors were low in number, but what a wonderful group we had to work with today.  My last group came in late and started at about 4:30pm.  We normally close at 5:00pm but the Hansen's got the movie started for them and once I completed my tour, I took this last one as well.  We are always juggling our schedules to make sure we make it to the play practices and this is quite a challenge.

Here is that family pictured below:

I was able to take them on a "last minute" tour since they came so late.  However, this was a special family.  I did not get their name, but these kids, all 8 of them, were so well behaved that I took a little extra time with them to point out some precious insights.  With 8 children, there were 4 sets of brothers and sisters who were 5 years apart in age.  It gave me an opportunity to correlate some parallel attributes of Joseph and Hyrum with them.  They were so receptive and attentive, that I wanted to keep teaching them.  The Spirit was so very strong in the Martyrdom room and the parents and all the older children were very emotional.  I just hope they knew how much Hyrum loved Joseph and how much Joseph loved Hyrum, and how they took care of each other.  I think they did.  That's what made this tour so special and I will be able to show each of you how this works when you come to visit!

Tonight we had our Rendezvous and mom and I stayed busy.  I had four parts and mom and I had a first in one of them.  I was able to review my part as "Pa" after the play as well, and get a little better feeling for how it will go.  My"debut" is Saturday May 23rd.

I understand that the "I've Got Talent" scouts will be in the audience hanging on to my every scripted word..... now, all I need to do is remember my lines.  Oh man, what am I thinking?  There was a reason I did not take drama in high school!

Well, that's the view of Old Nauvoo tonight!  It has been another good day.  Thank you for making a call!
 




1 comment:

  1. Busy busy busy! When you stay busy time goes by so much more quicker! :) ;) I sure love you guys!

    ReplyDelete