JellyPages.com

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

May 20, 2015 - Wednesday

We woke up to a cold and rainy day this morning.  Even though this is our P-day, we had our weekly missionary training meeting in Nauvoo at 7:45am.  Mom was up early doing some laundry and I got up a little past 5:00am just for a little exercise before we had to leave Carthage for the early meeting.  We also made the 10:00am temple session and mom had a hair cutting appointment at 12 noon.  Busy morning for sure!  

We then made our way to Keokuk for some groceries and then back to our house in Carthage.  I had some soup and some fresh baked bread from the Family Living Center in Nauvoo for the new young sister missionaries who are moving into Carthage later today.  They will add 3 new companionships for the summer along with our 4 sets of senior missionary couples.

Here is an action shot of mom getting her hair cut from Robert.  He does a great job on her hair, but I was not happy with his work on mine.  So I found a barber in Carthage and he does a great job for me!  It also gives me a chance to interact with the Carthage people.  When I got my hair cut this afternoon, he started asking me more questions about what mom and I are doing in Carthage.  Since he speaks to most of the men in Carthage, I am hoping to create a good image for the Church here.



This was part of the early morning training.  It was to let us know the different things we can do in this area on our P-days.  This is our mission president and his wife debating between golf and tennis!  Mom and I barely have enough time to do laundry and buy groceries....








We had our last Sunset practice before our debut on Saturday.  The temperature on stage tonight was about 46 degrees.  I thought we might have a good chance for snow!  Just two days ago it was in the high 60's!   I am amazed that we are already at the Memorial Day weekend.... Gas prices here in Carthage are at $2.59 per gallon.  However, when we shopped at Keokuk earlier today in Iowa, we got our gas at $2.47 per gallon.  

I am not sure what to expect for this weekend as far as visitors in Carthage goes, but we are gearing up for some big crowds.  I will have a full set of missionaries at Carthage for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday.  We also have the young performing missionaries debuting in Carthage on Sunday with the Nauvoo Brass Band making their first appearance on Sunday as well.  We are excited to get this season going!

We are also very excited to see who will make their way to Nauvoo and Carthage this summer that we know!  Our first visitors from Rigby will be our precious Sathre Family and we can't wait to see them!  Granny and Grandpa have already reserved tickets for them to see us in the Rendezvous Play on Friday June 5th... and then we will be at the outdoor stage on Monday June 8th.  Thank goodness I can make the schedules at Carthage and thank goodness we have missionaries who will trade with us to have this time off!



2 comments:

  1. Fun fun! I'm so excited that Jos and her family are going to visit you!!! That will be awesome! Ps enjoy that cold weather cause it's going to be super nasty pretty soon!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This summer is going to fly by! You guys will be busy busy busy!
    Excited for your upcoming visitors! So fun!

    ReplyDelete