JellyPages.com

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

May 13, 2015 - Wednesday

Today was our preparation day and a very busy day for us.  We started of very early this morning.  Mom was up first at 4:30am and was preparing for the day.  She finally got me up at 5:30am and I had to hustle to be ready to leave by 7:00am for our weekly training meeting in Nauvoo that begins every Wednesday at 7:45am.  I then met with our mission president for a PPI that lasted about 20 minutes.  Lots of things to coordinate with the new senior missionaries assigned to Carthage.  I have my first district meeting Sunday evening and, as most of you know, I want to be well prepared to lead this group.  We have 4 senior missionary couples for this meeting, and we will add 3 sets of young sister missionaries next week.

Mom and I got to attend the temple as well this morning, and made the 10:00am session.  We also got to be the witness couple.  We then went to Keokuk for a few groceries and got home just a little past 1:00pm.  Then, we were able to wash the van, and get those Illinois bugs off, and clean out the inside.  It sure looks good when it is clean!

Then we had an early practice and dress rehearsal for our summer Sunset play.  We are the first cast to debut this summer and that will be the Memorial Day weekend.  Our first show will be Friday at 7:00pm.  This show is going to be a wonderful mix of young performing missionaries and the young Nauvoo Brass Band missionaries and, of course, the senior missionaries.  We had a great time with our practice tonight!  Here are some action shots;

This is a shot from my stage seat of the young missionaries and a select group of senior missionaries doing the polka.  There was a mix of a tremendous level of energy and a much needed dose of Geritol!
  

 Here are the senior sister missionaries doing a song call "Jubilee".  This is one of my favorites and there is Granny right in the center of the stage!
 
We immediately felt the energy of these young missionaries and our cast was having a great time with them tonight.  These are some of the best people we have met, our "Emma Hale" cast members!  Like I said, we are the opening cast this summer on Saturday May 23rd.  

And then...... I debut on Monday May 25th as "Pa" in a vignette in our Rendezvous Play.  For the first time on our ride in from Carthage tonight, I was word perfect!  The Sathre Family will see our Rendezvous performance on Saturday June 6th!  If they are able to stay over on Monday night, we will be on stage for the Sunset performance!!  There is no one in their right mind that could have ever predicted that I would be in a stage show where they are trying to make a big star out of me!  

Mom and I are counting the days when the Sathre's will be here and we are so excited to have all our family and friends come and be with us for whatever time they can spend here!

Oh well - good times, and we are grateful for the opportunity to serve and stretch in this mission!  Oh boy, are we stretching!


1 comment:

  1. I saw granny in the picture before I read where she was in the line! :)
    You're doing an amazing work! We sure love you!

    ReplyDelete