JellyPages.com

Friday, June 17, 2016

June 17, 2016 - Friday in Nauvoo

Mom and I had different site assignments today, but our schedules were both on the early shift.  She went to the wagon depot and served as the first narrator, and I went to the Browning Gun Shop.  She had to be at the wagon depot at 7:30am and I needed to be at the Browning Gun Shop at 8:45am.  That gave me the opportunity to take the long walk this morning while mom was getting ready for the day.  I even got back before 7:00am to see her off.  On the walk this morning, I encountered the geese family;

Here they are at the end of Parley Street

It is about 6:30am - time for heading to the river

And ready for a morning swim
After mom left for her assignment, I got ready for the day.  I was able to have my chores done by 8:00am and then walked down to the Browning Gun Shop.  That added another 2 miles to my previous 4 mile walk!  The morning temperatures were in the high 60's and a very comfortable morning to walk to the site.  

After our shifts were over, mom came to pick me up at the Browning site and we headed home for a relaxing afternoon.  Tonight was our Rendezvous Play and mom and I had very small parts.  However, we did have two shows and then got home around 9:30pm.  Tomorrow will begin very early with our first trek group scheduled at 7:00am.  A group of 30 Young Single Adults from St Louis.  Then at 7:30am we have a youth conference group of 150.  It has been a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment