JellyPages.com

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

June 14, 2016 - Tuesday in Nauvoo

We woke up this morning to temperatures in the mid 70's.  It is getting warmer every day and summer is definitely here!  We left our home for our morning walk at 5:30am and I was soaking wet within 30 minutes!  But, we love our walks and getting this early morning start on the day.  I did get some great morning pictures;

Right outside our front yard

Overlooking the Mississippi River

The gardens in front of the temple looking West

Over our neighborhood near the end of our walk

What a morning backdrop to the temple!
After we got home, we were both soaking wet from the humidity.  I finished my exercise routine and had breakfast, and enjoyed a nice cooling off shower.   Imagine that!  Cooling off in the morning shower?   Almost seems like the Philippines again!

Mom had the assignment to work at the Heber C. Kimball home today, on the early shift, and I went to the Family Living Center, on the early shift as well.  We had almost 200 come into the center before I left around 3:00pm, and mom had several tours, as well, at the Heber C. Kimball home.  The crowds are coming.....

The other Editor in our Emma Hale Cast, Elder Clark, needed to switch nights with me, because of family coming Friday, so I got the nod, with mom, to do our parts tonight.  We had two shows, with the first one full, and the second one nearly full.  The show went well and we were grateful for the two good audiences, although there were a few in the 8:15pm audience that had a hard time keeping their eyes open.  I like having some fun when I see these folks, nodding off, and when I can adjust the volume on my delivery to try and wake them up!

Tomorrow we have our training meeting at 7:30am so we are calling it a day at 9:45pm.  Imagine us being up this late??  Only in the summertime here in Nauvoo!

1 comment: