JellyPages.com

Saturday, June 11, 2016

June 11, 2016 - Saturday in Nauvoo

The temperatures are at the highest point of the year so far.  We were in the low 90's today as we served at the Handcart Station.  We had two families take the trek with another family scheduled, but they did not show up or respond to my phone message.  The area is starting to turn brown with the lack of moisture so we are hoping that some rain will be coming shortly. 

I did catch a couple of young raccoons playing this morning.  They played in the tree for about 30 minutes before they came down and sauntered around the area.  Here is one of the best shots I could get;

The twin explorers at the handcart site!
It has been interesting to see the different animals coming out here in the fields of the handcart site.  We have such a beautiful area to oversee during the morning hours!  We generally start at 7:30am and the last trek starts no later than 12 noon.  We are normally home by 1:30pm on the days we are assigned here.  I caught this early morning sunrise along with some other action shots here;

This was taken out the back bedroom window

Here is our 4 wheeler at work!
Jacob's first hit and RBI
Thanks to my son, I have been able to post pictures texted to me.  Bob was able to show me how to get them from my text message to the photo gallery.  Who says you can't teach and old dog new tricks??  This is Jacob's first baseball game and he was on first base after getting his first hit and scoring another runner!

Jeff and Ellen

This is the picture of Jeff and Ellen Clason.  Ellen is the person who introduced my brother and sister, and my mom and me to the Gospel back in 1971.  They are now in the MTC heading for an 18 month mission to Guatemala City.  Ellen's approach to sharing the Gospel was simple and effective.  She asked my sister and I over to what she called a Family Home Evening at her house with her family.  We were all going to Fresno City College at the time.  When Ellen mentioned that there would be refreshments at the activity, I was all in!  The rest is history that continues to unfold in the Lasher family!

Precious Levi cuddling with his mom in the hospital
Amy tells us that she is in love with this little precious celestial bundle!  He has been so good for her in the hospital and they will be heading home, tonight, sometime after he celebrates his 24 hour birthday!  Needless to say, we are in love with him, as well, and we look forward to holding, and cuddling all the new grandchildren as well as roughing up the older grandchildren!  Look out family!  Granny and Grandpa have a lot of catching up to do when we get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment