JellyPages.com

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

June 3, 2015 - Wednesday

Today was our P-day and we started off with a weekly 7:45am training meeting in Nauvoo.  It was a typical one hour training meeting.  We were sitting next to the Rendezvous director and she asked mom and I to come to her office so she could give me the next part to study for.  Currently I have a fun part with the Young Performing missionaries as "Pa".  Jimmie and Marie are in the vignette with me and it is a lot of fun.  It amounts to four pages of dialog and it was challenging to memorize it all. However, with mom's help and patience, I finally got it down.

Now, this next roll is a major role of "Editor".  It has 14 pages of script.  We are usually given seven to eight weeks to get it down.  I had eight weeks with "Pa".  This time she is asking me to put it together by July....  The spirit is willing but this flesh is so very weak.....

We spent the balance of the day in a variety of activities.  We did some initatories in the temple this morning after the meeting.  Then we came back to Carthage and changed our clothes and drove to Quincy for some final shopping for our family visit.  They should be here is just a few hours and I will be waiting up for them.  It will be such a wonderful reunion!

I was also able to detail the van.  The drive to Nauvoo 6 or 7 times each week has taken its toll on the bugs sticking to our front end of the van.  It was quite a project to detail it out and then put a coat of wax on it to hopefully keep the Illinois bugs from sticking so bad!  It sure looks good right now!

And so another P-day has come and gone, but today we did not have to go back to Nauvoo!  That trip takes about an hour round trip and is about 50 miles in distance.  I am hoping Tom can help me get my phone pictures to download again on the blog.  I am stumped as to why that stopped working last week!


1 comment:

  1. The spirit will definitely help you remember those lines. Just like missionaries serving in foreign lands and have to learn a different language.... this is just your mission "language" you're learning!!! :) I'm sure mom will continue to help out too!! ;)

    ReplyDelete