JellyPages.com

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

June 2, 2015 - Tuesday

Well, here we are one day closer to our visit from our precious family members!  Mom and I were up early for our morning devotional and exercise.  We had a good start to the day and we were at the Visitors Center by 8:30am.  We were busier this morning than we were yesterday.  And yesterday turned out to be a busy day with two big tours late in the afternoon.  

Before I knew it, it was time to head back to our home and prepare for our Rendezvous play tonight. We had two shows and both were almost full houses.  Today also marked the beginning of the Young Ambassador presentation.  That comes right after the Sunset performance on the outdoor open stage. When they say it gets crazy around Nauvoo in the summer, they are not kidding.  I feel like a fish out of water surrounded by so many talented people.

My vignette tonight went well.  Jimmy and Marie always make the performance come alive.  It is fun to be a part of these shows, but if I had my choice, I would take a back stage spot and do my best to support the key players.  I'm afraid they are going to ask me to take on a major role in September and, of course, I can't say no....  What have I gotten myself in to???

Our trip home tonight got us back here around 10:00pm.  We started off at 5:15am and mom was up even earlier.  These days are getting longer and the activities are becoming more complex, but so far, we seem to be hanging in there.

I am so looking forward to hugging family members when they arrive here tomorrow evening.  That will be a shot in the arm for me and my overloaded mind, and I know that mom will have the same lift. We pray for their safe arrival.  We are grateful for the missionaries working with us who have stepped up to cover our shifts so that we can spend most of the time with them while they are here!!  

1 comment:

  1. You're a natural! Now they want you in every play!!! Hidden talent you didn't even know about!! :)

    ReplyDelete