JellyPages.com

Monday, November 10, 2014

The first day!


November 10, 2014 - Precious grandchildren waving "goodbye" for a season!

The morning started off with lot's of tears and anticipation.  Mom and I had breakfast but we really weren't too hungry if you know what I mean.  I had a sweet experience giving one of my daughters a blessing and playing and encouraging each of our precious grandchildren.

Then we loaded up the Tundra and Bob took the wheel and he and Josie and Amy and Ali  had the precious duty to deliver two Senior Missionaries to the MTC in Prove some 65 minutes away...There were more tears but we talked about how great it is to be a part of this family.

We arrived at the MTC a few minutes early and got checked in quickly.  We then drove around the building and unloaded the Senior Missionaries luggage and had 2 or 3 minutes to say goodby.  That is by far the hardest thing we have had to do!

But we had missionaries help us get to our room and then we started a fast paced orientation process.  We had no more time to think!  What a blessing that was!

We've met several couples and single sisters today and I was asked to be a District Leader for a group of 8 senior missionaries.  One of those single sisters is an 84 year old who is headed to Japan for 12 months to work in the mission office.  Her son in law is the Mission President.  That is the kind of dedication we have been exposed to over the last 9 hours.

This will be a great mission because we have such great support at home!  We love our family and we are grateful to be able to serve this mission!

Senior Missionaries!  Elder and Sister Lasher


3 comments:

  1. Definitely the hardest thing!! You two will do great things! Very proud to call you my parents!! I love you!! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They obviously need the Bob and Helen leadership team! Time will go by so fast. Enjoy! Bob, you were the best boss I've ever had. You believed in me and gave me great opportunities to hone my skills. Love to you both! Jade

    ReplyDelete