JellyPages.com

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

November 25, 2014 - 3rd day in Laoag

Mom and I met some great people yesterday.  A family by the name of Richards who have moved here from Utah with their 6 children to experience the culture of the Philippines.  Brother Richards served his mission to the Philippines in the 1990's and has returned with his family to do humanitarian work here.  He has been such a blessing to mom and I!  He has helped me get the internet up here in the apartment and even though it is very slow, we can still connect with the blog and with email!!!  Yea!
So mom and I continue to meet so many wonderful people who have been set in place to help us in our transition here.  We are working hard to stretch ourselves and get acclimated,  to this extremely different way of life and we see progress each day.  Thank you for your prayers!
We will meet for the first time our mission president and his wife this Saturday.  He has been away at a mission president's conference and we will get together and see how we can help him in his responsibilities.  In the meantime, we are settling in, cleaning the apartment and getting ourselves oriented to the area.  
I had my first haircut today and here was the process; hair washed, head massage, hair dry, back and shoulder massage, hair cut meticulously, then another hair was and head massage and I was done.  Price?  $4.25USD!
Again we are connecting with some wonderful people who have taken our transition under their wings.  In addition we have felt the prayers of our family and friends and will be eternally grateful.
David's Hair Salon - Elder Lasher's 1st visit

Catholic Church mid 1500's

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine up and moving to another country with my family! Good for them!! I'm glad they are there to help you guys transition and get settled. Ali sent me the pic of you getting your haircut from your old phone and I got excited thinking it was you. Cruel joke I tell you ��.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I miss that phone! This family is giving their children memories of a lifetime. When most people look back on the year 2014 they will remember a few things, but this family will have memories of the adventure they had building houses, surfing the waves, walking the dark sandy beaches and exploring the islands of the Philippines. They have one boy who will be 8 years old in a week and will be baptized here in the ocean waters. I have been asked to stand as one of two witnesses of this sacred and most memorable event!

    ReplyDelete