JellyPages.com

Monday, November 3, 2014

Our agreement between Zac and me

Zac will be the first grandson to receive the Aaronic Priesthood and be ordained to the office of a Deacon in 2015.  Granny and I will miss this sacred ordination.  I have a special Onyx rock that has the word "remember" painted on it.  I decided to give it to Zac as part of his preparation to receive the Aaronic Priesthood in June 2016.  I told him that the word remember would be a special word for him.  It would remind him to remember that he is loved by his earthly parents and his Heavenly Parents.  I told him that both sets of parents had a great deal of trust in him and that with this love and trust, he could be a great Priesthood holder as he prepares well over the next 19 months.  We spoke of ways to prepare and I suggested he carry the rock in his pants pocket to "remind" him of who he is and who he can become.  He then gave me a prized obsidian pointed rock that I could carry and be reminded of what great potential he has.  I know he will prepare well.

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! You're such a great grandfather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We liked it. Grandpa and Granny are the best grandparents ever! We are so excited for you guys. I still have my remember rock. I'll always remember the agreement we have together. We love you SO much. Love Zac

    ReplyDelete