JellyPages.com

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

24 April 2018 - Tuesday

24 April 2018 - Tuesday - The last day of the MTC training!

Here we are, 10 days into the MTC!  We had our last meeting this morning that concluded at 12:30pm.  Our instructor was Brother Hawkins.  He and his wife have served together as mission president and Visitor Center President in New Zealand.  His wife had a medical emergency over this past weekend and he condensed our training to accommodate assisting his wife who is recovering well. 

 With the afternoon that opened up we took advantage of attending the Provo Temple one more time.  We got a good portion of the car loaded after the temple and then we had our last devotional at 7:00pm.  Elder D. Todd Christofferson spoke tonight with his wife.  The devotional was broadcast to all 14 MTC's world-wide!  No pictures were allowed in the meeting but the impressions from the Spirit were so sweet.

He spent all of his time quoting President Nelson's April conference talks.  Mom and I have been listening to them each morning while we exercise.  I absolutely love the messages pertaining to the upcoming events in the Church with the miracles and the invitation to be worthy of personal revelation.  That will be a focus for me to get to that point so that I can be an instrument in the Lord's Hands in these last days!

Exciting times!!!  And at the end of the devotional, Elder Christofferson spent a few minutes with the developmental missionaries that are working in the MTC call center.  There was one missionary that stood about 4' tall, and had the biggest smile on his face every time I saw him this past week. 

It was such a huge tender mercy to be here tonight to end our MTC experience!   

Brother Hawkins up front as we concluded the class.

Look at the snow-capped peak in between the two mountains

A much improved smiling selfie
Now, I have the last three murals to post;

Moses and the Red Sea


Points to Ponder:

  • What symbols of light and darkness do you see in this mural?
  • How do you feel about taking that first step in the sea before the water parted?
  • What can you learn from this mural?
Now read together Exodus 3:11

  • How must you live to receive revelation in times of great need?
  • What kind of faith must you have to receive revelation in times of great need, such as Moses had when he led the children of Israel out of bondage?
  • In Moses 1:20, Moses began to fear exceedingly, and, as he began to fear, he saw the bitterness of hell.
    • Discuss - do I let fear get in the way of my faith?
Do I have enough faith in Jesus Christ to accomplish anything He wants me to do?  

Moses


Points to Ponder:
  • How do you feel when you look at this mural?
  • Proportionately, why do you think that Moses appears to be so small in this mural?
  • How do you think Moses felt after viewing God's revelation to him?
Now read together Moses 1:6
  • What was God teaching Moses?
  • What is God's mission?
  • How can I help God fulfill His purpose?
  • How can I discover my role in God's plan?
What role do I have in God's plan?

Sons of Mosiah

Points to Ponder:
  • Why did the sons of Mosiah go to the Lamanites?
  • What was their message?
  • Can you feel the hope that the sons of Mosiah had as they went to preach the Gospel?
  • What was Ammon's approach to those he taught?
  • What was Aaron's approach to those he taught?
  • What can we learn from each of these methods of teaching?
Now read together Alma 17:3
  • How can I serve with the same desire as the sons of Mosiah?
  • What can I do to be a better disciple of Jesus Christ?
  • Can you see the opportunity to become a more effective missionary?
How can I teach with the power and the authority of God?

Mom and I are so blessed to have precious family members and friends who know and love the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  These murals put so many things in perspective as we pondered the messages and studied the scenes depicted.  We hope this makes it easier to share some things with those precious grandchildren!

We are here tonight at the MTC and will be on the road tomorrow morning for Wyoming and to get started in the mission field!  We are excited and grateful for each of you following the blog.  Please comment anytime and know that we love you and so appreciate your love and your support and your prayers on our behalf!

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful time you’ve had in the MTC! Can’t wait for your experiences at Martin’s Cove! We are praying for you! And I am loving discussing these murals and questions and scriptures with the kids, thank you again! We love you sooooo much!!😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found it!! I'll read it as I'm going to bed!! I love you two! ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Bob. I’m loving the murals! You are quite the historian Dad. Thanks for your efforts in documenting your history!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Bob! You do such a wonderful job journaling here! I feel like I've been a part of your day and I love that! Have I mentioned that I love those murals?? 😍 Amazing. So inspiring!! 💕

    ReplyDelete