JellyPages.com

Tuesday, October 2, 2018

2 October 2018 - Tuesday

2 October 2018 - Tuesday

It looks like we have just one more Tuesday left in the mission field!  And what a busy Tuesday this one has been!  We had our precious Sathre Family here with us this morning, as mom and I left for our correlation meeting.  They have been such a blessing to us as we have spent the last few days loving their company!  

We got word last night at the Family Home Evening that the Tuescher's would be leaving today, about two weeks early, to attend to some family business.  Mom and I were not able to wave goodbye to them as they drove out, since they left well after we departed for the correlation meeting.  So guess who filled in and made quite an impact on Elder and Sister Tuescher?  The Sathre children!  I wish I could have gotten a picture of that send-off!  Sister Tuescher sent me a touching note of appreciation this afternoon!

Mom and I are on a roll to get these different and varied assignments completed.  There is some persistent forecasts of snow for Sunday and Monday.  That usually means the summer missionaries are sent home.  But before we leave, there are some projects that need completion.  We finished up mowing around the original Fort Seminoe foundation.  They will be covering this up with canvas tomorrow because the footings are being destroyed by the weather.  We also helped with the mowing around the picnic area where the Hansen's were busy mowing right near the Fort area.

The original footings for Fort Seminoe - we mowed a six foot diameter.

This area will be covered with canvas and dirt tomorrow.  A priority project.

The field where mom and I helped the Hansen's.
Our next project was some loose ends back at Missionary Village.  When I left home this morning, I forgot my phone.  So these pictures are from this afternoon.  The projects at Missionary Village were to cover the swamp coolers on the trailers, treat the gasoline in the back-up cans for winter stabilization, and scrape the tape off the floors in the pavilion.  And we had to be back at the Visitors' Center by noon for our Visitors' Center assignment, so we still have some open items!

Winterizing the swamp coolers!
They sure kept us busy today!  The Visitors' Center was very quiet so I took several walks to build up my steps to over 7,500 today.  I also got some great storm pictures from the brewing storm clouds that are bringing the winter-like conditions this weekend!

Are they snow clouds or rain clouds?
 
A nice shot from the Visitors' Center to Devil's Gate

I call these the whipped cream clouds!
We finally had some visitors at around 3:00pm.  The Visitors' Center closes at 4:00pm, for the winter hours, so it helped to make that last hour go by quicker.  I took a prospective member on a tour during the last hour.  The last time he was on the roadway in front of Martin's Cove was 1979.  He was telling me how peaceful and calm the atmosphere was here at Martin's Cove.  I got to tell him some of the significant details of the property and some details of the development of the area.  It was fun to talk with him and have him so receptive.  I invited him to stop by more often!

And finally, one of the benefits to forgetting your phone, (and camera), when you say goodbye to family, is finding a picture like this;

Mia and Jackson discovering a grandpa camera!
Thank you, Mia and Jack for leaving me your pictures!  It was so much fun having you and your family here for the weekend!  We love our precious family and feel so blessed to be a part of your lives!  Two more weeks and we will see you again!   I feel a pumpkin pie celebration coming on!

2 comments:

  1. Yes! A pumpkin pie celebration with lots of whipped cream!!!😍😍😍 So excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for pumpkin pie celebrations!!! So glad you had a great visit! Maybe you'll be able to come home friday!!😍😍

    ReplyDelete