JellyPages.com

Friday, March 23, 2018

23 March 2018 - Friday

23 March 2018 - Friday

Here is a brief update.  Mom and I will report to the Missionary Training Center on Saturday April 14th.  We will be there until Wednesday Morning April 25th.  On Wednesday, April 25th, we will drive directly to Martin's Cove.  It is about a 6 hour drive and we will be officially on our second mission!  There has been a lot of information shared from the Wyoming Mormon Trails Mission office, and we are keeping up with our reading.

I have started my second reading of the 255 page mission handbook just to help me better digest the information.  I am also reading Andrew Olsen's book, "The Price we paid", and have gotten about half way through the 539 page book.  It has been a lot of fascinating reading that helps me better understand the history of this sacred site.  I tried really hard, 10 years ago, as the trek leader for our Rigby 10th ward youth group to understand what took place here.  But this time around, I am not only being refreshed on the history, but also I am appreciating more and more the sacrifices that were made.



No comments:

Post a Comment